Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Weekend by the Sea

This past weekend, Jason and I took a much needed reprieve to the charming coastal town of Wrightsville Beach with our very dear friends, The Goddards. A tradition since 2006, the four of us make the two hour drive to the coast every April to celebrate the arrival of Spring and warmer weather.

On Friday, the boys enjoyed an afternoon of fishing, followed by some quality time at their favorite beach bar, Buddy's. Despite less than ideal weather, Saturday was a successfully relaxing day, which included a delicious lunch at Tower 7 Baja Grill (if you've never eaten there, you absolutely MUST go) and a few long walks on the beach and around the island. I can't seem to get enough of the sound of the ocean. It is wonderfully peaceful!

As it always does, Sunday came entirely too soon, and before we knew it we were on our way back to Raleigh. However, our annual beach trip wouldn't be complete without stopping for breakfast at Sweet and Savory on our way out of town. This little cafe and bakery might be one of my favorite places to eat...ever. They make their own breads, muffins, and pastries daily. What's not to love?!?!

I indulged in the K.I.S.S. breakfast sandwich - a freshly baked 120 layer croissant filled with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese, and served with a side of homemade hashbrowns. Despite knowing that my week would be filled with hours at the gym trying to work off my breakfast, I couldn't leave without sampling one of their incredible breakfast pastries. Totally worth it! What a perfect way to end a wonderful weekend....


Wrightsville Beach


K.I.S.S. breakfast sandwich


Raspberry Cream Cheese Pastry




No comments:

Post a Comment